- 1 day ago
Some are dark skinned
Some are light skinned
Some are big and some are small
Some look ‘complete’ and other might not be quite there
But no matter what
If you put them together
And blend them up
They taste pretty darn good
I’m getting you professional help.
(via sakuraxisxevil)Source: kreativedragon
- 1 day ago
Slap them all in togas instead of suits and it would perfect
It also follows a pyramidal composition!
However, I would argue that this picture is more Baroque than Renaissance. Notable features of Baroque art are:
- Images are direct, obvious, and dramatic.
- Tries to draw the viewer in to participate in the scene.
- Depictions feel physically and psychologically real. Emotionally intense.
- Extravagant settings and ornamentation.
- Dramatic use of color.
- Dramatic contrasts between light and dark, light and shadow.
- As opposed to Renaissance art with its clearly defined planes, with each figure placed in isolation from each other, Baroque art has continuous overlapping of figures and elements.
- Common themes: grandiose visions, ecstasies and conversions, martyrdom and death, intense light, intense psychological moments.
In the baroque, artists strove to evoke aesthetic responses. Now I’m not talking about aesthetic as in “oh thats pretty” I’m talking about aesthetic like that punch in the gut reaction you get to something.
One of the ways this was done was through the depiction of intense emotion which we see in this photograph. compare to Bernini
The picture also displays a wonderful use of chiaroscuro (an effect of contrasted light and shadow created by light falling unevenly or from a particular direction on something) a style used extensively by Caravaggio and other Baroque artists.
I WAS THINKING THIS EARLIER AND I’M SO GLAD SOMEONE POINTED IT OUT
(via kittykyoto)Source: peternyc
- 2 days ago
On the standard map of Thedas, the warmer countries - Rivain, Antiva, Seheron - are all to the north. To the south, we have Ferelden where we know it’s cold, and further south still, the Frozen Sea. All of this indicates that whatever planet Thedas is on, we’re looking at the…
The way I see it, there is a big, BIG difference between making a detailed world and making that world realistic/consistent. Fantasy worlds like doing a lot of the first and not so much of the second. Unfortunate but very much a thing that happens in the genre.
(via thedietelf)Source: tatjna-x
- 3 days ago
- 3 days ago
Headcanon that Natasha Romanoff is a massive weeb that has a closet full of wall-scrolls and kigus. And that people think she learned Japanese from part of her spy training when really she learned it watching Sailor Moon.
Barton-san, I’ve been compromised~
(via agentrodgers)Source: brutuswayne